Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Nicola's Quilt....

Hi there,
Another hot one here today outside, so it is really nice to sit in the air-conditioning after finishing off some cattle work and do this blog post. We had the vet out to do some preg. testing. 
As promised this is the finished quilt for Nicola...ta da!! 
I am still experimenting with my quilting. I did try to write Nicola on her quilt. I printed Nicola onto an A4 sheet of paper in a nice font and pinned that to the quilt. Then I stitched over the paper, then tore away the paper and I was left with the stitched Nicola in a cool font.  I think it looked great but the freemotion wavy line leading up to the Nicola was not too cool....a bit more practice is required!!
I also did some quilting in the ditch and some diagonal lines. I bound the quilt with the pink and it is backed with some yellow.

Here is the ever growing Nicola!!...with Ruby giving a loving cuddle!!
Nicola testing out her quilt at the coast with Miss R.
Now work has begun on Miss R's quilt for her bed. Miss R has chosen the colours. Will post some photo's soon.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Crafting
Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment